Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Shows I loved as a child

I wanted to do a post of the shows I remember watching as a child that I really enjoyed. I might do a second part to this later, so right now I'm going to just stick to cartoons I've watched.  I grew up in the 90's so most of the shows I grew up with where from around there. I'm even trying to re-find some of the shows I liked now on DVD just so I can keep them and re-watch them later.

1.) 
The first TV show I remember watching was AAAHH!! Real Monsters! I loved this show as a kid, I really loved the tub lady, and I also really liked the red guy! I thought the guy that held his eye balls was a little weird, but I did like this show. I remember laughing a lot during this show. I also remember sometimes being confused by the story. But for the most part I really enjoyed it. 
2.) 
Rugrats, this show. Oh my gosh, I loved this show so much. I was so happy when they kept the show up with them being teenagers. I really liked this show, my favorite characters where phil and lil I also really did like the bratty angical and when Chunky got his sister I really liked her.  I've seen the movies, and I loved it when they did a bridge over to another show I really liked. Which is the Wild Thornberrys. <3 I can't really say I disliked this show, I loved it. I loved the episodes with them hanging out with Tommies grandpa.
3.) 
The Wild Thornberrys. I really liked this show, I liked the fact that the girl had powers and she could talk to animals. I also really loved how her parents were just around, helping, learning and being super neat. I really wanted to travel and help animals and this is probably one of the shows on the reason why I want to help animals and get into my marine biology. It probably did raise me with some of my ideals, but yeah. I loved this show. 
It was perfect.  
4.) 
The PowerPuff girls, this came out I think more when I was becoming a tween, maybe 10-11. Not sure, but I loved this show. My fav was Blossom, and then I really liked bubbles.  I really liked the show, and I also really liked even though these girls were super heros, there outfits weren't weird and the art style was cute, and it felt... "real". As a child I really liked this show. 
And even now I really like this show. 
5.) 
As Told By Ginger
I loved this show. I'm not even sure why I liked it. I just did. 
6.) Tales from the Crypt Keeper
I really really liked this show, this show also would scare me. It was like Goosebumps for me. I really loved the stories that were told, but this show also really scared me.

7.) Dexters Laboratory
I liked this show, and as the oldest of four, I really felt like Dexter a lot of my life, with having my own siblings that would poke things that weren't really meant to be touched. So I really identify with Dexter and the show was just goofy.  
8.) Beetle Juice 
I really like Beetle Juice, I love the movie that was done by Tim Burton, and I loved the cartoon called Beetle Juice! I didn't get to watch it too much as a kid, but I did love it when it came on. It was usually on around halloween for me, and I'd watch as much as I could from this show. <3 
Hi Hi puffy Amy Yumi Show This show came out in the early 2000's. I really liked this show, I liked it for the outfits and music. I also really liked the story, and I just really liked how the characters where so different but where able to be friends. :3 
10.) Filmore
This show was like one of my first 'crime' drama shows I've watched.  I really liked this show, I'm not sure what I liked about it the most, I think it might have been how bad ass amazing Ingrid was. I really liked her character, I like what she looked like, and her design, and personality they gave her. She kinda looked like she'd be really scary, but in the show she wasn't. She was shy, but she wanted to help people, and she did help. She also was really strong. 
11.) Sabrina The Animated Series.
I really like Sabrina and anything that has to do with that show, and I really loved the cartoon version of this show. <3 
12.) Bump In The Night
I really liked this show, I also really liked the dolly girl. I fell in love with this show when I was little. I really liked it, I liked the story, and just how "non perfect" the characters looked.  I do recall YTV used to still play there christmas special on christmas eve at like... 4 in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment